Rajasthan Minor Destinations
Abhaneri is a village about 95 kms from Jaipur on the Jaipur-Agra
Road. A detour is well merited for its amazing step wells or 'baoris'
and Harshat Mata Temple. According to a legend, the village is so
called because the Goddess Harshat Mata who is shown portrayed in a
joyous mood is believed to spread brightness or "abha" all around.
The village's original name was Abha Nagri, and its name today is
Deshnok is a small village situated 32 km south from Bikaner city
along the Jodhpur Road. It is connected by national highway and
rail. It is a pilgrim centre of Karni Mata. Karni Mata, considered
as an incarnation of Goddess Durga lived here in the fourteenth
century and performed many miracles.
The princely state of the Jhalas created in 1838 AD, after being
separated from Kota by the British. It is best explored by foot
within the city and a horse safari in the outskirts as Jhalawar
boasts of rich natural wealth, with flora and fauna as active.
Located at 182 kms southwest of Jaipur, it was founded in 1348 and
is best known for its Krishna Temples. The Fort, which was
constructed over different period, is about 600 years old. The fort
was the residence for the royal family until 1950 and is now
occupied by monkeys and geese.
Village is situated 130 kms from Jodhpur and 5 kms from Phalodi.
This is a natural sanctuary to the bird Kurjan. This bird belongs to
South Western Europe, Black sea, Poland, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, North
and South Africa and Mongolia.
Kishangarh is 27 Kms north east of Ajmer and was founded by Kishan
Singh a Rathore Prince. In the 18th century it acclaimed fame as one
of the finest schools of miniatures paintings. Though a smaller
school with a much shorter duration it had a more refined style. It
peaked under the patronage of Savant Singh an heir to the throne,
who later became a hermit.
Nathdwara lies 48 kms from Udaipur and literally means the gateway
to the Lord. This great Vaishnavite shrine was built in the 17th
century on spot exactly defined by the Lord himself. The legends
have it that the image of the Lord Krishna was being transferred to
safer place from Vrindaban to protect it from the destructive wrath
of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.
Pali is named after the Paliwal Brahmins who once inhabited the
area. Ancient Pali housed a highly evolved civilization. The land,
was leased by the then chief of Mandore (the former capital of
Jodhpur district), was cultivated diligently by the Paliwals who
abandoned their former priestly profession.
Once a small village is famous for being the hometown of the premier
business and industrial family the Birlas. The town is also for its
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani is an
all-India Institute for higher education. Its engineering college is
reputed to be the top ten colleges in India.
Is located on the junction of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Bikaner Road.
It is on route to Jaisalmer and is also a fort town though the fort
is not of the dimensions of Jaisalmer or Jodhpur. Pokran also came
into limelight, as it was the site for India nuclear detonation.
Pokran is also renowned for its furniture and interior crafts.
Sojat city, is situated on the left bank of the Sukri River near
Pali town, known as Tamravati in the ancient times, the fort has a
big reservoir and several temples like Sejal Mata, Chaturbhuj and
much more. The old temple of Chamunda Mata located on the top of one
of the hillocks. Dargah of Pir Mastan is the main attraction at the
time of Urs- the Muslim festival.
Tilonia is a small town 25 kms from Kishangarh near Ajmer and 7 kms
off Jaipur-Ajmer highway. Barefoot college inspires this town, which
began in 1972 with the conviction that solutions to rural problems
lie within the community. The College, officially known as Social
Work and Research Centre, addresses problems of drinking water, girl
education, health & sanitation, rural unemployment, income
generation, electricity and power, as well as social awareness and
the conservation of ecological systems in rural communities.
It is located, 96 kms away from Jaipur. This is a quiet town which
was ruled by tribes of 'Pathans' from Afghanistan. The focal point
of Tonk is the Suneri Kothi, the Golden Bungalow. A fairly ordinary
monument from outside, it has stunningly rich ornamental interiors.
There are also some interesting building that accommodated the
Welcome Rajasthan Travel Services
C/O Umaid Mahal ,C-20 / B-2 Bihari Marg, Jai Singh
Opp. Lane of K.P. Automotives, Bani Park, Jaipur - 302016,
Telephone : + 91-141-2205528, +91-141-2205527 extension
Fax : +91-141-2204470
Emergency Contact Number : +91-9314503423 and
Skype ID: welcomerajasthantours